4.09.2013

POLISH DAYS: 7 deadly sins

there are lots of the 7 deadly sins that i struggle with- sloth, greed, and most recently gluttony lol. being pregnant makes me hungry all the time. and extra lazy too :P. but the major one in my life is definitely envy. i'm jealous of beautiful people, talented people, people who look like they have their lives together, etc. good thing i have a polish named green with envy for this particular polish days :P.

 base color: orly green with envy
silver stamping: sinful supernova
image plate: mash 44



isn't it funny that i used a sinful polish to stamp with? get it- 7 deadly sins?? ha, i amuse myself. in the bottle, supernova looks like a rose-gold/champagne foil, but over teal, it pulled silver, which was what i was hoping for. 


to see why i used this chain image, keep reading after the jump.

i don't normally talk about religious things on this blog, but the topic is just too appropriate :P. i chose to stamp chains on this mani because that's what sins we struggle with do to us- they keep us in bondage. i've tried for so many years to just pick myself up by my bootstraps and make myself be a better person, free from the things that bog me down. but what i've realized is that i can't free myself- only Christ can do that. Jesus said, "very truly i tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. so if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed" (john 8:35,36). a lot of people think that following Jesus means that you're trapped by a set of rules, but really it frees you to be who you were meant to be- unhindered by the things that keep us in our miserable cages. i've learned recently that i can't make myself stop being jealous of others, but Jesus gives me the strength to overcome that. and let's face it, everyone is a lot happier when they're not constantly comparing themselves to others.

well, that's all i have to say about that. i hope you enjoyed my chain mani :).


4 comments:

  1. sinful on all levels ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your explanation on why you chose to stamp with the chains. It's very brave to put anything to do with religion/about Jesus out into the internet since there will always be people out there that will attack you for something like that. I agree with what you had to say and love your attitude. And of course, love the mani. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these colors together and the image is so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...