1.08.2013

POLISH DAYS: something new


a new year is an appropriate time for something new with your nails, right? for this month's polish days, i decided to wear my only matte glitter polish, which i've never tried out before.

1 coat nail pattern boldness flipping out hard over 1 coat sally hansen xtreme wear mint sorbet




so everyone's familiar with the ever-popular floam polish, right? well i never could seem to get a hold of it. it kept slipping out of my hands, so i finally gave up the hunt. but then, lo and behold, a new polish entered the scene, which looked suspiciously and amazing similar. . . . i think the polish i'm wearing (nail pattern boldness flipping out hard) has a lot more lime than floam does, but that doesn't matter much to me. there's no such thing as too green in my book :P.


i ended up layering this over mint sorbet to make it more opaque, and to save as much of flipping out hard as i can! the mint base coat turned out to be the perfect underwear for this polish, because all you can see are the lime and turquoise glitters. now i did put on 2 thick coats of top coat, because the glitters were very hungry. when it dries matte, it's pretty darn ugly lol, but i just love it shiny. one of my little students told me today that it looked like fancy frogs :P. how cute is that?

you can buy your bottle of flipping out hard here. i'm fairly certain that i paid $8 for mine, but it looks like they've upped their prices to $9 + shipping. but totally worth it, if you ask me!


13 comments:

  1. Love it! I was about to buy that one, but one day I received a notification and I managed to put my hands on... Floam!!! Do I need both? hehehe...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe aw man, I'm so jealous! I don't know about both, they're pretty similar :) But maybe if you think of it as a back-up? :P

      Delete
  2. Definitely more lime, but lovely nonetheless :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. While such polish is not really up my alley, I really like it on you, and your nails are so beautiful! I've only just discovered you through Polish Days, but I'm following you now ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing on you! I'd still love to get my hands on Floam too, but I am totally on board with more lime green. Love it!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth :) I kinda am still wanting Floam too, lol.

      Delete
  5. At first sight this really looked like Floam to me. I love the intense lime green color of this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'd say it's a pretty good substitute, although I do still want the original :P

      Delete
  6. At first sight this really looked like Floam to me. I love the intense lime green color of this one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...